Hi, long time no see! I took a long Blog break over summer vacation.. now that Summer break is officially over, I’m baaaack! 🙂
Looking back on my last Blog Post, Summer Bucket List, I realize that there is a lot we did not get to doing and its crazy because I feel like we did a lot anyway! I’ll quickly sum things up so that we can move forward and get to the really fun stuff… PICTURES!!
1. Daily Walks – We did keep up this ritual almost daily. Really the only times we did not go for a walk was if we weren’t able to get out by 9am because the heat made anything outdoors unbearable after 9 am!
2. Summer Move Express at Regal Theaters – I’m sad to say we never did get around to this. I thought it would be fairly easy to do but the timing really sucked.. Isabella was always either already napping or seriously in need of a nap by time we needed to get out of the house. Not only that, but I had heard from another parent that you needed to arrive at minimum 30 minutes early or else there would be no seats left. =/ Really thinking about that comment hard made me wonder if it was worth all the effort to sit through a 2 hour movie with kids crying and talking the entire time. hahaha
3. Picnics at the Park – We did do 1 picnic at the park. But as I mentioned earlier, being outside past 9 am is not the business here in NorCal so after that I think we made it to the park maybe 2 more times for short periods.
4. Swimming at Grandmas – We did do this, once! lol And the kids had a great time…!
5. Arts & Crafts – Another we did not get around to doing unless you count the restaurant kids menu coloring pages as arts and crafts… then we did do this… several times!!
6. Farmers Market – I’m actually pretty disappointed in myself about this one. We have only make it to one farmers market this year and I totally didn’t even think about taking any pictures. I think we still have some time left before they close so I guess I can always go again…
7. Visits to see Great Grandma – We did visit a few times on the weekends as we normally do but unfortunately we never did make it out during the week for any special visits. We did get to spend some time with her in Hawaii though which is something we never did before so that was special in itself! 🙂
8. Cousin Time – My kids got a lot of cousin time this summer especially with their youngest cousin Carter. I now watch this little turkey 3 times a week!! Its so cute to watch Isabella connect with another baby who is closer to her age and of course Anthony is amazing with Carter just as he is with his sister.
9. San Francisco – For being one of my favorite city’s I’m surprised to say that we have not yet introduced Isabella yet! I’m sure we will make it there soon though…
10. Beach – The very last thing we did this summer was travel to Hawaii and it was just as nice as I remember it being!! Definitely a little harder to navigate with a baby but still so worth it. Anthony and Isabella LOVED the ocean and the pool. We had a great time and made great memories together. I did not pull out my camera as much as I thought I would.. a little hard with everything you have to carry around when you have a baby and a stroller, change of clothes, diapers, etc. so I guess that means we will just have to go back next year when we have less to carry! 🙂