Can you believe that Freshly Picked was kind enough to send us a pair of their moccasins for review?
The Heirloom Limited Edition Moccasins to be exact!!
Let me tell you, they do not disappoint!! These moccasins are perfect for my daughter. Isabella isn’t walking on her own just yet but she does get around by pushing her cart everywhere and also by holding hands, couches or basically anything she can grab to help keep her balanced. We have hardwood floors in our home and my husband always worries about her feet getting cold and I worry about them getting dirty (this girl still gets silly and puts her toes in her mouth sometimes). Since she refuses to keep socks on anymore its been an absolute struggle.
This is where the moccasins come into play. Pure genius if you ask me.
These beautiful and adorable moccasins are made out of 100% genuine leather. They are super soft, flexible AND here’s the kicker… (are you ready??) … they stay on my daughters feet! Isabella has many pairs of baby shoes… All of which are constantly falling off while I’m carrying her or while she is crawling/walking about. It is so annoying and eventually I end up taking them off and throwing them into the diaper bag. Not exactly where I like to see my money end up! lol
While I’m on the subject of money, lets talk about the price tag on these babies. Freshly Picked Moccasins are currently priced at $60. For some moms (and dads!) out there this may seem like a hefty price tag to put on baby/toddler’s shoes. Let me start off by telling you that they are absolutely worth the price tag and here is why:
- These moccasins are made of a great lightweight leather (100% genuine leather) that provide the flexibility that a baby/toddler needs while learning to walk.
- They do not fall off! This is huge for me. As I said earlier, Isabella has TONS of shoes and they ALL fall off so much that I end up throwing her shoes in the diaper bag. I would so much rather show off the shoes that I’m spending my money on! If I were to do the math on all the “cheap” shoes I have bought for Isabella that she does not wear for this reason I could easily have purchased a couple of pairs of moccasins!
- They are super easy to slip on and off of Isabella’s feet.
- Even with their light weight soft soles, they provide protection to your little babe’s feet from outside elements such as hot pavement, sticks and stones.
- Durability. The leather provides great protection to keep these moccasins in tip top shape. They will eventually begin to show some wear, especially if your baby is outdoors often or still a crawler and dragging their feet on the floor – but that is to be expected with any shoe. One thing I would like to add – the Heirloom Limited Edition Moccasins do seem to be much thinner than the solid color moccasins that we have and I do believe that is why they are only offered up to a size 3.
- They ship fast!! Although these moccasins are made to order, they ship surprisingly fast. I have ordered 4 pairs as of now and after reading the F.A.Q.’s section of Freshly Picked’s website I was not expecting to receive anything until after the 2 week mark. Within a weeks time of placing my order I received my email notification letting me know that they had shipped. Fast shipping is always a plus in my book!
- They are made in the USA!!
This is just a teaser of some of the options Freshly Picked has to choose from. (I can’t wait to get my hands on the Aruba moccs which are currently sold out) They have a large variety of colors/prints (30 at this time) to choose from. They also have a great sizing chart to instruct you how to order a pair for your child. You can find the chart by clicking here. I advise you not to do it when you are exhausted out of your mind like I did. I ordered two pairs, the first one size too big and the second two sizes too big. I decided to keep them anyway because I know that Isabella will be growing quickly and it will be nice to have a pair already ready for her but if any of you out there are deliriously measuring (like me) and do want to return or exchange for a correct size, Freshly Picked has an easy return/exchange policy.