Over the weekend we celebrated my sister-in-law’s 50th birthday!
One of my favorite gifts to give are hand crafted gifts. Not because they are cheap (because they usually aren’t) but because I love to get creative when I have the opportunity. Not only that, but lets face it… as busy moms we don’t always have time to go shopping for the “perfect” gift and if I’m being honest that is exactly what happened here. I’m not the type of person just to grab anything off a shelf when it comes to gift giving… I prefer to put some major thought into things. My sister-in-law happens to have a great sense of humor so I knew this gift would give her a good laugh while also providing her with enough chocolate to get her fix on!
Hershey’s Chocolate Kisses (large bag)
- Fill your mason jar with Hershey Kisses. I was hoping that I could fill mine with 50 since it was for a 50th birthday party, however 50 kisses barely filled the jar halfway! I ended up using about 75-80% of the bag.
- Using your stickers spell out the phrase “Kiss Your 40’s (20’s, 30’s, etc.) Goodbye!” on a sheet of paper. Everything I used was what I already had on hand from my scrap booking supplies. If you don’t have stickers on hand you can certainly use a Sharpie!
- Cut your paper in a cute shape (I chose to cut a tag design) and if you have card stock handy glue a colorful piece behind your paper to brighten it up a bit.
- Use your hold punch to punch a hole in your paper and string your curling ribbon through. Attach it to the base of your mason jar.
I chose to put this in a small gift bag but you can definitely get away without one!
A few things I want to point out:
- This gift works perfectly for any birthday that celebrates a new decade, not just 50!
- You don’t need a mason jar and can use anything that can hold Hersey Kisses, including a small shoe box wrapped in cute wrapping paper!
Like what you see? Pin me!!