I received the mentioned product(s) in this post in exchange for an honest review. As always all thoughts and opinions are 100% my own. In addition, this post contains affiliate links.
Oral health care is so important for everyone, especially our children! I know many children dread the time of day when they need to brush their teeth, and parents dread the fight to come with it. But guess what? It doesn’t have to be this way!
Today I’m sharing 5 tips to help you get through brushing your children’s teeth without the fuss. Using these tips, your children will actually look forward to brushing their teeth!
5 Tips for No Fuss Toddler Dental Care
1. Start them young. How young is young? I probably started with my kids when they were about 2 or 3 months old. You can use a damp, warm wash cloth to “brush” your baby’s gums or use a special baby gum massager.
2. Toddler toothbrushes. When your children are old enough to handle a toddler toothbrush, hook them up! My kids love their Nuby Toothbrushes! Not only are they the perfect size for the kids, but they also come in fun colors.
3. Special toothpaste. At this point in time, I haven’t yet used toothpaste on Gio, though we do use Nuby’s All Natural Training Toothpaste with Isabella. She always feels like such a big girl while brushing her teeth with her special toothpaste and I find that she is more motivated to do a good job than she is without it.
Nuby’s all natural toothpaste is safe if swallowed and contains no fluoride, no sodium lauryl sulfate, no parabens, no artificial colors and no artificial flavors.
4. Make it fun! One of our favorite things to do when it comes to brushing teeth (mostly in the evenings) is to play Elmo’s Brushy Brush Your Teeth song as we’re brushing.
I typically brush my teeth while Isabella gives it a go and once I’m done with myself, I ask if I can check out her teeth and help her by getting the harder to reach areas.
5. Routine. We are big on routine around here. While we do have exceptions, especially while traveling or during the crazy busy holiday season, a good solid routine really helps to keep us on our toes. Every morning, after breakfast, Isabella knows its time to head to the bathroom to brush her teeth and every night we have the same routine which always includes a good brush before bed.
You can pick up this pack of Nuby Toothbrush and All Natural Toothpaste at your local Babies R Us or find it online here: http://bit.ly/2hs4xvm
Like what you see? Pin me!