Did you know that today is National Ice Cream day?
To celebrate, the kids and I picked up this super yummy Jon Donaire® ice cream cake from our local grocery store. While this cake is pretty delicious on its own, the kids and I decided that we would have a little bit of fun customizing it with extra goodies. It was such a hit, the kids LOVED it!
- Purchase Jon Donaire® ice cream cake from your local grocery store
- Use cake icing to line the outside of the cake with oreo cookies
- Scope your favorite ice cream into 3 ice cream cones (I used cookies and cream) and place them on top of the cake.
- Use whip cream generously around the ice cream cones on top of the cake. I went pretty crazy here and loved every bite!
- Crumble 2-3 oreos and sprinkle the crumbs on top.
Like what you see?
Happy National Ice Cream Day!